Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thanksgiving

This past weekend we had a special day to be celebrate Thanksgiving. I believe that everyday we need to be thankful and live out of thankfulness for Christ's saving work. It is nice to have a day to be reminded of all the things we should be thankful for and to realize again how abundantly we have been blessed. We spent Sunday evening with friends from church and on Monday we had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with relatives/friends. The strangest part of the weekend was the weather. It was so, so hot and humid and felt like the middle of August. It didn't feel like we should be eating a big dinner. Conrad and the kids even went for a swim! Yesterday it cooled right down though and now it's only 10 degrees so hopefully we get some nice, cool, fall weather.

Yesterday I got to see my best friend! She was visiting her family for a few extra days after the weekend so I went with the kids for the day. It was really nice, especially to see eachother's kids again. The part that always feels funny is that you feel like you should be talking and catching up because it's been half a year but because we always talk on the phone we ended up not talking about much of consequense yesterday. I think we talk better on the phone :) I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures to share but I'll post some when C sends me some.

No comments: