Monday, April 2, 2007

the last seam...

Today was a beautiful day again and the kids played outside for quite a while this afternoon. After supper I took the kids for a walk. It felt really good - I should do it more often! I put Tessa and Lukas in the double stroller and Anneke biked. It worked really well. Conrad is gone to an Ed. Committee meeting tonight so I did a bit of quilting, and...I just finished the last seam on this quilt I've been working on all winter! It slowly grew from little 2.5" squares, to 12" blocks, and then to 4 rows of 4 and now finally it's all together!! Putting together the rows was a lot harder than I thought - trying to match all the triangle points. It's not nearly perfect, but I'm not a perfectionist! I still need to add borders and quilt it so it may be a few more months until it's done but it feels good to have it this far :)

I've also been working on a snowman wall hanging. Here's a picture of it in progress...


2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hello Suzanne .... I hopeyou don't mind me visiting your site. I see you have the quilting bug too. It must be nice to share the same hobby as your sister. All the best!

Anonymous said...

Nice quilting! And it's so nice to see pics of your kids again. See you next week! :)